Clothed with Grace: Leopard Two Ways

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Leopard Two Ways


Today I'm excited to be collaborating with the sweet Lauren of Modern Modesty.  Lauren has fab style and although she's new to blogging, she's definitely finding her groove.  We decided to show you two ways to wear leopard today.  I love how Lauren used accessories like a belt and shoes to show off this trend; for those who aren't ready for a leopard dress like I am, this is a great way to try out a trend.  Make sure to stop by Modern Modesty to check out the details to Lauren's look and to say hi to her.  It'll definitely be worth your time.  

Now to my look: Recently I found a leopard print dress and Target and although I liked it, I didn't love it. It sat in my closet unworn for a few weeks, then one day after school I decided to stop by Goodwill for the first time in months, and what did I find? This dress.  For $5. I'm pretty much in love. The Target dress got returned and I now have an extra $25 bucks in my pocket.  

Now, I mentioned recently that I was going to be more purposeful with my purchases and not buy, just because something was cheap. (Hence returning the Target dress). Along with this dress there were two other dresses that were really cute, one of which was a Loft one (with tags). I year ago I would have snatched them up without a second thought. This time, I passed. Why you ask, I didn't love either one. Good deal on not, they wouldn't fill holes in my closet. I'll let someone else enjoy them instead. 

Have you entered my sponsor's giveaway for a J Crew inspired necklace yet here?







Dress: Emma and Michelle $5 (thrifted) similar
Cardigan: Banana Republic $7 (thrifted with tags!) similar / Banana Republic Coupons
Belt: Target $12 same /Target Coupons
Necklace: Target $8 love this sale option
Bracelets: Chimera, Moxie , Renegade /Stella and Dot Coupons
Shoes: Fergalicious $30 similar

Here are some great options for a leopard dress, I'm so loving the forth shirt dress one.  Do I need two leopard dresses? Maybe : )


17 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! Leopard is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you styled the leopard! That dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leopard looks so great on you! I'm not sure I could pull off a whole dress, but you definitely can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing deal! I am starting to like animal print more, but I am really picky about it. This dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great dress! Fits you perfectly, what a great find.
    I am loving leopard more and more these days.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice dress! It looks fabulous and classy on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these posts Ginny. I have to say that i wasn't a big fan of animal print but I love it in an accessory and you ladies styled it beautifully.

    Don't forget to link up tomorrow for my weekly tres-chic fashion thursday link up.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That leopard dress is so sophisticated on you! And a steal for 5 bucks!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so pretty! I feel like there is a fine line with leopard print, because it can go the way of "Jersey Shore" if we aren't careful! Both you and Lauren look so classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a Pretty Leopard Dress. You styled this so well, Ginny. I love Wrap style tops & dresses. They play off our curves. =)

    Have a Great Day, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want a leopard dress! I love yours!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great dress! I am also working on being a smarter shopper. I don't just buy things that are cheap anymore either. But that also means I'm spending a bit more, even if it is just one really great or wishlist pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it! Leopard looks good on you, and it's classy and not overwhelming! I myself prefer little pops of leopard, like Lauren's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, I love that dress. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect leopard dress, just found it in a skirt. The nude heels look great with this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great dress, love how you styled it
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty outfit! I would love to find a leopard dress that fits well and isn't too flashy (you know, tight or short).

    ReplyDelete