Clothed with Grace: Sparkle and Lace

Monday, September 8, 2014

Sparkle and Lace

 I am definitely not ready to put my shorts away. This last weekend I saw girls sporting vests, scarves and boots on Instagram at 64 degrees....this is what I wore that that same temperature.  This outfit is inspired by Shanna, I just love the black with this lace cardigan, but I really wanted to wear these new shoes from Target.  They were $12. I seriously want to wear them everyday. I also really wanted to wear this great new pendant necklace from chloe + isabel too.  I wish I could say I went somewhere glamorous, but I wore it to go to Target, then the library and park with Grant.  Yes, I was overdressed, but no, I didn't care. ;)

Today at school we are doing some testing in the morning and in the afternoon we are hosting our very own 7th grade Amazing Race.  The kids are divided into team and we each have a mental and physical challenge they have to pass, first team home wins.  It'll be a blast and I will be exhausted at 3:30.



Cardigan: Chicwish  same
Tank: Target
Shorts: AE similar
Necklace: chloe + isabel same 
 Bracelets: chloe + isabel c/o samesame 
Shoes: Mossimo (Target) same 

17 comments:

  1. You look fabulous, and the amazing race sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that cardigan is calling my name! I love how you can wear it so many ways! Have a great week Ginny! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both you and Shanna rocked this outfit with the denim shorts. And now I want to re-create it. I am in love with your new shoes and wow 12 bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep wearing summer outfits for as long as you can. I love seeing them! I can see why you love this lace cardigan. Perfect coverup for summer and into fall as well. Cute flats! Have a great week, Ginny! ~Cynthia | www.myrosecoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit Ginny. I know how you feel. The temperature just dropped like 20 degrees here. So I definitely have to change out my shorts for boyfriend jeans today.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm cold at like 75 degrees but I really love your outfit! The shoes are super cute! And I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed ;)

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you! I'm not ready to put my shorts away either. I hate wearing jeans. They're so restrictive. I'm going to keep the shorts and skirts out as long as possible:) Love this look with the lace cardigan! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received my lace cardi last week! You should do a whole post on different looks with the lace cardi! :)

    Loving this fall weather (at least over the past weekend)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shoes were such a great find! Love the cardigan too

    Www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are so cute! The Amazing Race sounds like a total blast! I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all for the sweaters, but sweaters with shorts! I don't want complete cold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great!! I am so happy that you have gotten great wear out of the cardigan!! You are the best for the shout out. Thanks a million, sweet friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lace kimono is seriously gorgeous! What a fun little extra touch, especially when it's still hot and don't want to have to cover more than absolutely necessary. Those sandals are adorable. Target does it again!

    ReplyDelete