Clothed with Grace: Counting Blessings

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Counting Blessings

This past week was a really nice one. I finished up school on Friday and was ready for some time to relax. As I worked to write this post it made me think about how many blessings I have in my life. It can be so easy to take the good stuff for granted, and I want to make an effort not to do that. So today I thought I'd share some blessings from this past week.

1. Brian was out of town for a few nights last week and Grant was at Grandma and Grandpas house. That meant I had two whole days at home to myself. I've been so tired so I slept...a lot, and it was just what I needed.

2. School ended Friday and I was able to have a little party with my advisement kiddos. Each kid brought a few bucks, and two brought way more than that. I made them a breakfast casserole, fruit tray, and bought donuts and juice. It was a really nice way to end the year and we had a lot of fun playing Head Up! on my iPad too.

3. Saturday we went to the zoo as a family. It seems like we often times "divide and conquer" when it comes to weekend tasks, but this was so much needed family time. That night we went to my parents' house for dinner because my sister and brother-in-law were in town.  It was a nice treat and Grant was in hog heaven- evidence here.

4. Sunday we had church and I wore this dress the lovely people at C.C. Lake sent over.  My plan is to live in comfy maxi and dresses like this all summer. The embroidered details are amazing and it didn't wrinkle easily either. C.C. Lake has some other amazing pieces, like this adorable dress for only $28! Definitely go and check them out!

5. After church I wore this to a friend's shower. She and her husband have become foster parents and one of my friends had the great idea to bless them with gift cards and books to help them with the new kiddos they've welcomed into their home.

6. Monday we took it easy, which was great, then had friends over for dinner. They are moving back to Texas after being here for three years for the husbands residency. We will miss them dearly!

7. Getting to try Rocksbox jewelry out. I love this service and recently got my favorite Rocksbox yet. I'll share more tomorrow, but am wearing two pieces today...and pretty much everyday until the box goes back. : ) You can try Rocksbox for a month for free when you sign up with the code "newfavoriteoutfitexoxo"




Dress: C.C. Lake c/o same
Jacket: The Limited similar
Jewelry: Rocksbox c/o bracelet (try it for free when you sign up with the code "newfavoriteoutfitexoxo")
Shoes: Aerosoles same

Linking up with:

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing week!! I'm such a sucker for maxi's and denim jackets this time of year, great look!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week! I love the dress and I am glad you got some rest(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many blessings! I love that darling dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love relaxing, fun weekends! It sounds like you guys had a great one. This dress is lovely! The embroidery at the top is really nice.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO lovin' maxis this summer, but the skirts tend to be not as long as the dresses on me. I SO hope you are able to get over the morning sickness soon so that you can enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress! And our zoo! I haven't been in a while and need to go back!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week! I'm loving that maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great time for blessings for you Ginny. That maxi is beautiful and it looks like you had a beautiful week, as well. When do you find out the baby's gender?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress! Congratulations on your pregnancy - such an exciting news...
    I want to try Rocksbox too


    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sure you appreciated the rest. I can't believe how tired I get so easily being pregnant. That to do list keeps growing, which makes me more sleepy:) I agree that maxi dresses are the way to go! I recently got one from Old Navy that I'm excited to wear. Hope you're having a week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a great week. That maxi looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post and blessings! Glad you got rest and family time in!
    Rachelxo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete