Clothed with Grace: Self-Image

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Self-Image

Well, it's here. What's it, you might ask? My baby bump. It's so funny because the first time around with Grant I couldn't wait to "look" pregnant, and this time around all I can think is, I'm only 16 weeks along and I already "look" pregnant.

I've had a pretty good self image for most of my adult life, but I'll tell you what, my growing belly has be anxious. I know, it sounds ridiculous, right? All I've been praying for is a healthy baby, and here I am concerned about how big I'm getting....not to mention how much bigger I'll be at 39 weeks.

I feel like I need to get a grip. It's in this I'm reminded in 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God? Your are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

My concern about my growing size had nothing to do with God and all to do with my vanity, and I'm growing a human for goodness sake! It can be so easy to get caught up in comparison: I will never be one of those long-legged pregnant beauties on Pinterest, but God made me and I'm in the midst of creating a life of my own. I think I need to remember I am to honor God with my body, with how I fuel it, and take care of it. If I'm doing that, that's what matters.

I'm not sure where you are with your body image, but comparison is the thief of joy. God loves us as we are. I'm not sure how big I will eventually end up getting with this baby, but that's ok. I plan to honor God and get over myself.



As for this dress, I love it! It's Olian from Nordstroms, similar to this dress which retails for $134! I scored it with thredUP credits for $20 new with tags! I tell you what, if you haven't tried thredup yet, you're missing out! Use this link to get $10 off your first purchase.



I've also been wearing this Kendra Scott necklace and bracelet like crazy. Both are pieces I received in my Rocksbox. You also get discounts on the pieces you keep, usually 20%, and you won't find Kendra Scott on sale anywhere else! Try Rocksbox free for a month when you sign up with the code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo."


Dress: Olean via thredup (Use this link to get $10 off your first purchase)
Necklace and Bracelet: Kendra Scott necklace and bracelet c/o Rocksbox (Get a free for a month when you sign up with the code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo.") 
Heels: Bandilino via thredup similar

Linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. Your bump is adorable! Love that shade of purple on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, Ginny! Love your baby bump and bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress! You look darling with your tiny bump! Honestly I don't think I had a better body image than when I was pregnant and right afterwards. It sounds so strange since that is when most women struggle. But just thinking about the ability of a woman's body to create a human and then feeding the baby when nursing-it's a miracle! I felt proud of my body for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your baby bump is adorable, and I love this color on you! You are glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute bump! I'm loving your Kendra Scott pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! And your jewelry is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look seriously beautiful!!!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress looks beautiful on you! And kudos to you for getting past your self image issues. It's hard, pregnant or not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so true that "comparison is the thief of joy".... I even find now as I am a little :) older and going through menopause that I have body image issues... I appreciated your honesty.
    Thanks, Karen S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have struggled with body image pretty much my whole life, so this pregnancy thing is really throwing me for a loop! I'm in that awful in between stage--I don't look pregnant, I just look like I ate too much!
    Anyway, you look really beautiful in this dress--the color is wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, you look so pretty in this dress. The color and the fit are perfect! I think we are our worst critics when it comes to our bodies and we don't realize that God made each one of us with such care and love. Who are we to find fault, right? It's always a good reminder that we are made in the image of God. Enjoy your holiday weekend, Ginny!

    ReplyDelete