Clothed with Grace: Spring Break Recap

Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Break Recap

Last week was my spring break and Grant is on spring break this week.  He's currently spending a few days with my parents, which is always a treat for him. It'll definitely be quiet here in the evenings with just Hannah, Brian and myself!  I had a work day last Monday, then Tuesday-Friday off. We'd decided to send Hannah to daycare for part of each day, since she's only just started going and we didn't want to break the routine and get her confused, since she's doing so well there.

I don't know about you moms, but I seem to always have a running list of things to do in my head, and I was so excited to be able to get them accomplished.  In the past I'd run my errands after school and before I'd go pick up Grant. However, since Hannah is nursing I jet out of school to go feed her, then get Grant and jet home so Hannah doesn't fall asleep in the car and get a thirty second nap....hence no time for errands.

I was able to get the kids Easter baskets taken care of.  We don't go big here, but it's nice to get them a few treats.  Grant's umbrella broke, so I found him a new one. I also picked him up The Good Dinosaur, which is an such an amazing movie, and Grant had been asking for it.  I also picked him up some novelty candy, like these chocolate surprise eggs and one of those silly chickens that you wind up and they lay eggs made of gum.  Hannah won't even know what's going on this Easter, so I knew it was silly to go all out, but  I did get her these onesies to wear with her sleep saks at bedtime and then I added in a few baby toys we got as gifts that I haven't put out yet.

I also went shopping in an actual store, alone. It was magical.  I found these cropped skinny chinos and this elephant tee at Loft and these flare jeans at the Loft outlet. A pedicure was also due, so that was a nice treat!  It is crazy how quickly a few hours to yourself flies by though!

Friday I send Hannah to daycare and Grant and I got the day to ourselves, something we haven't done since Hannah was born.  It was really nice. : )

Now, I'm back to work, whomp, whomp, but at least it's only four days with Easter coming up! #thereishope


I am absolutely crazy about these lace-up floral flats! They are also currently on sale too. This trend is definitely my favorite right now and for someone who has a bit wider feet, these seem to be in my favor as you can make them as tight or loose as you'd like.  I decided to pair them with this neutral outfit for a fun pop of color.  I'm also crazy about these boyfriend skinny jeans.  I really like the trend, but the loose ones aren't at all flattering on me, this more fitted pair is right up my alley!


Vest: Wet Seal similar
Top: Merona same
Necklace: Stella and Dot
Jeans: Old Navy  same
Shoes: BP same

3 comments:

  1. Floral flats definitely jazz up any outfit! So great that you had a nice break. I'm back to work today, too!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my boyfriend jeans from Old Navy! They might have me convinced that I don't need any other jeans! ;)

    ReplyDelete