Clothed with Grace: Sibling Love

Monday, April 4, 2016

Sibling Love

I wore this outfit to church for Easter and am in love with this blazer I got from Jane.com. The first time it was on there it sold out before I had a chance to buy it, when it showed up again I "favorited it" in preview (previews are live at 4:00 the day before you can buy), then bought it first thing the next morning.  I have a few outfits lined up for it and excited to give them a try.

As I was dressed up in church with the family, holding Hannah while we sang songs, Grant just kept hugging us and saying how much he loved Hannah and I.  These are the sweetest words and fill my heart with such joy, and I'd like to end the sentence there but everything Grant does is "big."  He is loud, can be rough, as well as up in your face. He's a boy and he's five. So, his words and his heart are so big, but I can find myself saying, "Use a quiet voice," "Be gentle with your sister," and "Not so close to her face," about a hundred times a day. 

However, as I stood in church listening to Grant's words all I could think was, "Man, I hope he always loves Hannah the way he does now." Grant had the lime-light all to himself for more than five years, now he has to share it, and I'm so thankful that he loves Hannah and has only complained a few times about not getting attention because I need to take care of her. I do think the age gap is to their advantage, they'll always be in different stages, but just like Grant loves Hannah, she is just infatuated by him and you can tell she is crazy about him too. 

So, even though everything Grant does is "big" and it can drive me crazy, I hope he continue to love "big," and I don't want to be the one to squash that by constantly correcting him.  His heart is in the right place, and that's definitely what matters!



Dress: Merona similar
Blazer: Jane.com similar
Necklace: Diamond from my Grandma's ring
Bracelet: Pandora 
Heels: Fergalicious similar 

We were also able to get a family picture at my parent's house, the first since Hannah was about a week old. #allthehearteyes


Spring Has me craving dresses like crazy, here are some I'm currently loving, and they are all under $25!

Dresses

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

3 comments:

  1. cute pics! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny this is a great story! I nanny full time and the little miss will be a big sis and I hope she's as sweet as your little is! PS looking fabulous!!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete