Clothed with Grace: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?- Book Review

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?- Book Review



I'll tell you what, lately I feel like I've been reading all the wrong books. Our last two book club book were flops, which was super disappointing. I don't know about you, but reading a few bad books in a row doesn't encourage me to pick up another book and try again.  Then I saw this Free Library that popped up in my neighborhood and I was soooo excited.



Inside were quite a few books that I've been wanting to read, but I decided to leave The Last Anniverary and take Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling, which has been on my reading list for quite some time.

I'll tell you what, it was exactly the book I needed to read to rebound from the past two duds. It was light, funny, and it made me wish Mindy was my best friend.  This book wasn't necessarily a memoir or biography, but more or less essays and vignettes into parts of her life, her thoughts on things, as well as a peek into what life was like on the set of The Office.

I laughed out loud countless times, finished it in less than a day, and told about a dozen people they needed to read it.  Although it does have a few cuss words in the book, Mindy writes about her life in a way that is relatable and not that different from what I would call a typical middle class upbringing.

The last month of school is definitely the toughest, so this was the perfect light-hearted read in the midst of just trying to get through the year.

I've already gone back and traded books for another one, The Girl Left Behind by Jojo Moyes. I'll let you know what I think!



Linking up with:
Tuesday Talk

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read, with summer fastly approaching, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my summer reading list now! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Free Libraries are just the best! I'll have to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked around Books A Million last night for about an hour and couldn't decide on any one book, so this may be what I get on my next trip! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Outfits & Other Bits

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat little free library idea. I love the office and might have to read that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring this read on next week's Tuesday Talk linkup on my blog! Thanks for stopping by this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that book by Mindy! I also love your book reviews since sometimes I'm not sure what to read after a dud too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good to know that her book is good! I always wonder about her- I loved Mindy in The Office, but never watched her own show. But maybe I need to pick up her book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read that one! Glad you liked it! It's at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete