Clothed with Grace: Easy Turkey Pot Pie

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Easy Turkey Pot Pie


Today I thought I'd share an easy recipe I made lately. I am not a cook by any means and tend to do a lot of basics like tacos and spaghetti, but when I come across something that's easy and good, I'll happily add it to the meal rotation!

We had a leftover turkey breast in the freezer and Brian wanted me to figure out something to do with it for dinner.  I was clueless, so I did some Googling without anything sounding great to either one of us.  Then, Brian mentioned this recipe my sister shared, but we never made. We made a few simple adaptations and it worked out perfectly!

Turkey Pot Pie
2 Pie Crusts- we used Great Value from Walmart, just as good as Pillsbury, in my opinion
2 turkey breasts, cooked and cubed.
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 small bag of mixed frozen vegetables
salt, pepper, and Lowry's to taste

Start by presetting your oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl combine turkey, can of cream of chicken and potato soups, 1/2 cup milk, and vegetables. Add seasoning to taste.

Next, get out a pie dish and spray it with non-stick spray. Unroll the pie crusts and place one on the bottom.  Next, put in the turkey mixture and put the other pie crust on top.

Seal the edges and use a knife to add a few slits for venting.

Wisk an egg and do an egg wash all over crust to prevent burning.

Bake for 55-60 minutes, then let stand for 10 minutes before serving; this will help it to set up some and make it easier to serve as well.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment