Clothed with Grace: Winter Garden: Book Review

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Winter Garden: Book Review


Last week I finished reading Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah, and let me tell you, it was amazing! My first Kristin Hannah book was The Nightingale, one of my favorite books of all time, so I was excited to see this one was finally available at the library.

In this story, Meredith and Nina are sisters, who are now grown, but have tried to earn their mother's love for most of their lives. Their mother, Anja, who is of Russian descent is as hard as stone. She had a life before them, a life full of mystery. It isn't until the girls' father makes the girls promise to get to know their mom before he abruptly dies that their mom's past begins to surface.  

This story is beautifully written and full of mystery. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to find common ground, and this story will take Meredith, Nina, and Anja on a journey of discovery that will change each of them forever.

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting! Also need to read the nightingale. I guess Aida and I need to make a trip to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I have The Nightingale, but I've always been afraid to read it. Every time I pick it up, I put it down because I'm afraid of what it will do to me. I think I can handle this one, and I love a good mystery with great characters. Great review, Ginny.

    ReplyDelete