Clothed with Grace: Siblings

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Siblings



Brian went out of town for work, so I had to mom it alone for five days, a job that is never easy. On Saturday we went out to the outlet mall to exchange something for Grant and ate at Mc Donald's for a treat. Hannah was totally distracted by the table next to us and the mom asked how many years apart Grant and Hannah were. I responded 5 1/2 and she went on to say her kids are six years a part, with the older sister away at college. She went on to say how she hadn't planned the age gap, but she was thankful for it.

I can totally relate. Taking care of two kids is no joke as it is, and I can't imagine how much more  complicated it would be if we had only a two year age gap the way a lot of people do. On any given day Grant helps me out with about a million things, and although he has tried to assert his independence by shutting his door to play (which is totally unsuccessful as Hannah just stands outside the door and cries), he really loves her and is a great brother.

I have to remind myself not to expect too much from him, as he is only 6, but I am so grateful for Grant. I look forward to Grant and Hannah's friendship blooming and all the memories that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment