Clothed with Grace: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Monday, April 24, 2017

Confessions of a Shopaholic


I recently had a friend share the Sophie Kinsella series Confessions of a Shopaholic with me. It's normally not my typical read, but after reading a lot of "heavy" things lately I was excited for something for light.

The title obviously lets you know that the main character, Becky, has some major shopping issues. While reading the first book my jaw was continually dropping as she continued to dig herself into an almost impossible amount of debt. Even in the midst of this, Becky is a really likable character and does (eventually) begin to come around in the debt department with a redeeming storyline. 

Throughout the series we see the different phases of her life unfold: getting married, finding a long lost sister, and having a baby. I've only read the first four books, but am excited to get the rest from the library. There were definitely fun, light, reads. The one thing I will mention is the use of the "f" word though out. The author is British and I know it's very commonly used in England, but if that is something you aren't ok with when reading, I might steer clear of this. Otherwise, I think this would be a great series for you to work on this summer while your kiddos are playing at the park or swimming at the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment